Friday, April 11, 2014

'Games People Play' An Essay in Three Parts

I have been away from Blogger for almost a year while working on many projects including this precise little essay. This post is simply the author's note for the essay and is self explanatory. I apologize for not posting the second part of my last post but must plead intellectual overreach. It wasn't good enough to post.
So read, think, and enjoy my latest production which will be the basis for the content on a novel in progress, 'Forbidden'.

Author's Note
This essay is the result of a six year project which began as an idea for a reading list worthy of study. Having noticed that times had changed and my paradigms and databases had not, I felt the need of amending the body of knowledge that I had mastered. I did so. The reading list ran to some fifty serious volumes and included some at the introductory college level which I find invaluable for understanding what is being said in the context in which it is said. The first incarnation of processing, of integrating this new information was a collection of monographs and schemata of over forty pages. I made several attempts at rationalizing an analytical frame from this material of which the most successful was a difficult essay of some thirty pages.
I continued to refine the ideas this new material generated as I integrated it into some kind of coherent and comprehensive whole. The end result, which is the final form as far as I am concerned, however incomplete, is this essay of which the body runs some seven pages. That is integration! For those who possess any kind of the knowledge represented in this essay, it is intended to provide vocabulary and concepts for the intelligent discussion of contemporary thought.

Part One tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment