Thursday, October 1, 2009

Is Love the Answer?

I dunno. What's the question?
Basil here. I am extremely proud of my new video trailer for 'Chances'. You can see it by searching 'Chances Basil Brylcreem' on Amazon.com books. Check it out.
Being creative, I have a continuing interest in the process and context of creativity. Writers write. Should the world end, the last light will go out on a writer's desk while he's writing. There's no cure for the disease. To write well, however, requires the writer to be engage' with the world around him and that's just code for emotional involvement and that's just psychobabble for love.
I'm at the genesis point for a new book, good concept, good characters and a strong sense of the story. My muse and I have parted company. Love abstracted is not engage'. So I tweet and blog waiting for my motivation to begin. I'll write it even if I have to use espresso to make my hand move. Writers write. I just don't know how good it will be. It's like that.
The question to which love is the answer is what motivates excellence. I endure but I will probably not excell because I have no answer to give.
Do well and be well.

1 comment:

  1. I think the question is "Excuse me, Umpire. What was that you said after 'Fifteen' ?"

    ReplyDelete