Saturday, October 10, 2009

Taking 'Chances'.

Basil here. I'm enjoying the reactions to a very light and entertaining video trailer for my detective novella, 'Chances', currently available for viewing on my Amazon.com/books display page.
Speaking of 'Chances', I guess it's time again to write a little about the book. It's an entertaining look at the desert Southwest structured around a gritty tale of terrorism and smugglers. The message is that there is meaning in the moment. When someone is searching for meaning, a common pursuit in the dehumanizing machine culture of Modernism, they are searching for a defining moment, an instant of being alive in and to the universe.
I enjoyed writing the book and, judging from the critical comments I've had, it shows. It's written to be read quickly. It's an entertainment for an hour or two, not a hobby. If it interests you, check out the campy video.
Do well and be well.
'Chances Basil Brylcreem' on http://www.amazon.com/books

No comments:

Post a Comment